Musca Law is a Proud Member in Good Standing of
|National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers||National College For DUI Defense||Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers||Florida Chamber of Commerce||American Bar Association||National Trial Lawyers Association|
Tampa Criminal Attorneys
Have you been arrested or charged with a crime in the Tampa, Florida region? When you need a criminal defense attorney, Tampa residents, the best idea is to hire one you can trust to fight to the utmost for your liberty.
If you are facing jail time, it is vital to have an experienced Tampa criminal attorney on your side as soon as possible. Musca Law has nine offices across Florida, including one in Tampa, and over 100 years of combined experience. Every Tampa criminal defense lawyer at our firm is dedicated to providing you with qualified, expert representation you can trust. Call or email today to schedule your free, confidential consultation with a Tampa defense attorney who understands your rights and will work to preserve them.
We handle all types of criminal defense cases, including juvenile crimes, DUI, sex crimes, and probation violations. Depending on the circumstances of a past conviction, a qualified Tampa criminal lawyer with our firm can, in many cases, expunge your criminal conviction or seal the record.
Experienced in All Aspects of Criminal Defense
The experience of each Tampa criminal defense attorney at Musca Law extends to all aspects of your case. We provide effective representation at every stage after your arrest, including pre-trial hearings and negotiations. No matter what the alleged offense, when you need expert Tampa criminal defense, you will get it at Musca Law.
Our attorneys are experienced with all varieties of felony cases. A felony in Florida is a crime punishable by more than one year in prison. Florida recognizes several different classes of felonies, which every Tampa defense lawyer at our firm knows inside and out:
- The least severe are third-degree felonies, which can result in up to five years in a state prison. An example of a third-degree felony in Florida is a third DUI within a 10-year period. If you’re facing charges for DUI, contact one of our Tampa DUI attorneys for a consultation. Whether you’re a first-time or repeat offender, rely on a Tampa DUI lawyer at Musca Law to help you fight potentially serious penalties.
- Next are second-degree felonies which are crimes carrying up to 15 years in a Florida prison. For instance, manufacturing or distributing explosives with the intent to harm people or property can result in 15 years in prison.
- First-degree felonies, such as sexual battery on a person over the age of 12, are punishable by up to 30 years in the state penitentiary. A life penalty can result in life imprisonment without the possibility of parole or probation for the rest of life of the convicted individual. If you’re facing charges for spousal battery, for example, it’s vital to have a seasoned Tampa domestic violence attorney who knows the law and can vigorously pursue justice for you.
- Finally, a capital felony is punishable by death in the state of Florida, or alternatively, life imprisonment without parole. In addition to the prison terms, all felonies carry other penalties, as well, most notably probation and large fines.
- No matter what level of felony charges they’re facing, if in need of a highly qualified criminal defense lawyer, Tampa residents can look to the defense specialists at Musca Law.
Misdemeanors in Tampa
Florida law has divided misdemeanors into two groups, both of which a skilled Tampa criminal defense lawyer understands how to fight.
- Second-degree misdemeanors can be punished by as much as 60 days in a county jail.
- First-degree misdemeanors can result in up to one year in jail. For example, possession of less than 20 grams of marijuana is a first degree misdemeanor. If you’re facing misdemeanor charges for narcotics possession, contact an expert Tampa drug attorney at Musca Law who will help you understand the severity of the case against you, explain your options, and pursue a vigorous defense.
If you’re looking at misdemeanor charges or think you could use the help of an expert Tampa drug lawyer, contact an attorney at Musca Law today.
Criminal Expungement & Record Sealing
Under certain circumstances, you may be eligible to have your criminal record expunged or seal. Expungement is the process by which your criminal convictions are removed from your state records. Sealing records makes the record of your convictions very difficult to access. Talk to an experienced criminal attorney Tampa specialist at Musca Law to find out if you are eligible for expunging or sealing your criminal records.
When seeking to hire an experienced criminal lawyer, Tampa residents can rely on the professionals at Musca Law. Whether the charges pertain to a Tampa DUI, drugs, battery, or sexual violence offense, our expert team of defense lawyers know the Florida legal system and is dedicated to pursuing the full measure of justice for each of our clients.
The Musca Law Tampa Defense Lawyers
Are you facing jail time for a serious charge? Have you been cited for a misdemeanor and now face stiff fines? Don’t wait: Expert legal defense from Musca Law is your best option. Call (813) 864-9498 or fill out our online contact form for your free and confidential initial consultation.